Technical Support Specialist
An enthusiastic problem-solver and passionate about IT, as well as an expert at customer service and client care. Your focus will be on providing first-line reactive and proactive support to our client base via phone, email, or at a client location. You will be responsible for working on our clients’ infrastructure as well as our own, and will handle desktop support as well as troubleshooting problems related to networking, servers, virtual environments, and other devices. Your extensive communication skills will assist you in keeping our clients updated, informed, and content.
The Technical support specialist is responsible for timely and effective resolutions to end-user productivity issues as they relate to IT-serviced computer operations. This will be accomplished by performing question/problem diagnoses, guiding users through to issue resolution, communicating technical solutions in user-friendly language, and conducting end-user training where necessary. The Technical Support Specialist is also responsible for recording problems/solutions within the help desk in-house ticketing system.
- Customer Focus
- Ability to work in a team, or work independently
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
- Problem Solving
- Accountability and Dependability
- Operating Equipment
- Ethics and Integrity
- Excellent documentation and organization skills
- Exceptional multi-tasking abilities and prioritization skills
- Resolve end-user IT issues, such as password reset, software questions, PC hardware problems, Internet connectivity, configurations, and so on.
- Provide one-on-one end-user support and problem resolution via telephone, e-mail, and other vehicles of communication.
- Perform in-person, on-site repairs of PC desktop hardware, printers, and other peripherals.
- Diagnose and resolve minor network issues (e.g. LAN access).
- Recognize and escalate deeper and more complex issues to escalated support technicians.
- Assist PC and network technicians by troubleshooting software, hardware, and network issues.
- Assist other technicians installing network related devices, cabling, hardware
- Participate in moves, adds, and changes to network and systems access for new, departing, or promoted/demoted employees.
- Accurately log work orders/help desk tickets and resolutions into help desk software management system; maintain vigilant maintenance of this process.
- Prioritize work orders/help desk tickets according to severity.
- Conduct timely repair of IT equipment covered by third-party vendor maintenance agreements.
- Attend and/or conduct training sessions for end users; create training materials for end users (e.g. FAQ sheets).
- Use help desk log entries to pinpoint trends and trouble spots in order to conduct proactive maintenance or repairs.
- Compile, maintain, and file all repair records, reports, and other documents as required.
- Always maintain a high degree of professionalism, courteousness, and friendliness
- Participate in on-call rotation
- High school diploma or GED
- Previous experience in technical support
- Exceptional demonstrated verbal and written English-language communication skills
- Previous experience in customer service
- Previous experience with any PSA or RMM software
- Familiarity with any of the following: Microsoft Server support, virtual environments, cloud services, storage technologies, network appliances, backup technologies
- Have acquired or are currently working towards; MCSA/MSCE certifications, Network+, CCNA, ITIL
- Post secondary education in Computer science/Engineering or equivalent preferred but not required
- Knowledge of help desk management software tools
- Class 5 driver’s license and access to a vehicle
- Adjusts and is flexible to meet changing work needs and demands
- Knowledge of supplies, equipment, and/or services ordering
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Superior telephone manners and strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong customer service skills
- Able to occasionally lift items as heavy as 50 lbs
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals
- Standing for extended periods of time may be required
- Some travel may be required
- Overtime as required
Why work for Transparent Solutions?
- Extended health coverage
- Funding towards further certificates/education
- Performance Bonuses
- Paid leave to attend technology seminars, webinars, conferences, and IT tradeshows
- Beer Friday!
Transparent Solutions offers competitive salary packages, an incredible work environment, and career advancement opportunities. To apply for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume in .doc, docx, or .pdf format to email@example.com and reference “Technical Support Specialist” in the subject line. Pease give a brief description in your cover letter as to why you would be the best fit for our company. These communications will be handled in compliance with the Personal Information Privacy Act.
Thank you for your interest in our organization. We look forward to hearing from you.