Technical Support Specialist
You are an enthusiastic problem-solver and passionate about IT, as well as an expert at customer service and client care. Your focus will be on providing first-line reactive and proactive support to our client base via phone, email, or at a client location. You will be responsible for working on our clients’ infrastructure as well as our own, and will handle desktop support as well as troubleshooting problems related to networking, servers, virtual environments, and other devices. Your extensive communication skills will assist you in keeping our clients updated, informed, and content.
• Desktop support including workstations, mobile devices, and printers
• Initial troubleshooting and information gathering for higher-level support tickets
• Thorough documentation and maintenance of our internal knowledgebase
• Consistent communication with customers over the phone and via email to provide proactive updates on their support requests
• On-site visits to customer locations when necessary
• Participate in on-call rotation
• Demonstrated technical background in a Windows environment
• Exceptional demonstrated verbal and written English-language communication skills
• Excellent logical thinking skills
• Ability to work effectively under pressure
• Demonstrated documentation and organization skills
Priority will be given to applicants who can demonstrate that they have completed or are currently working toward any of the following:
• MCSA/MSCE certifications
• Network+, Cisco certifications
• Post-secondary education in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent
• Previous experience in technical support
• Previous experience in customer service
• Previous experience with any PSA or RMM software
• Familiarity with any of the following: Microsoft Server support, virtual environments, cloud services, storage technologies, network appliances, backup technologies
• Class 5 driver’s license and access to a vehicle
What’s in it for you?
We have a positive and fun environment, competitive salary, and benefits, including:
• Extended health coverage
• Funding towards further certifications
• Performance bonuses
• Paid leave to attend technology seminars, webinars, conferences, and IT tradeshows
• Beer Fridays
How to Apply:
This is a full-time position. Salary and benefits are competitive within the industry, and commensurate with your credentials and experience.
To apply for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume in .doc, docx, or .pdf format to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference “Technical Support Specialist” in the subject line. These communications will be handled in compliance with the Personal Information Privacy Act.
Thank you for your interest in our organization. We look forward to hearing from you.